The Cook’s Helper performs a variety of tasks including maintenance of kitchen sanitation. food preparation and other duties as assigned.
Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
1. Previous experience preferable but not essential.
2. Physically able to carry out duties of the Cook‘s Helper.
3. Must have a pre-employment and an annual Tuberculosis screening examination.
1. Has the ability to work well with co-workers.
2. Sanitizes kitchen equipment, utensils and work area as assigned.
3. Assists with food preparation as assigned.
4. Assists with tray assembly and service.
5. Assists in dish-washing operation as necessary.
6. Prepares food in advance for the week‘s menu as assigned.
7. Attends in-service and training programs as scheduled.
8. Assists the Cook in completion of food service tasks.
9. Performs other tasks as assigned.
10. Attends required staff in-services, meetings, orientation, and continuing education activities as required.
11. Is aware of and adheres to Patient’s Bill of Rights and confidentiality of patient information including HIPAA regulations.
12. Interacts with patients and family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm manner.
13. Is aware of Patient Abuse Reporting Law.
14. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.