The Dietary Aide performs a variety of tasks including maintenance of kitchen sanitation, food preparation and other duties as assigned. The Dietary Aide is responsible to the Food Service Manager and/or the Shift Cook.
Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
1. Previous experience desirable but not essential.
2. Must be physically able to carry out the duties of a Dietary Aide.
3. Must have a pre-employment and an annual Tuberculosis screening examination.
1. Has the ability to work well with co-workers.
2. Must sanitize kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas as assigned.
3. Assists with food preparation as assigned.
4. Assists with tray assembly and service.
5. Assists in the dish-washing operation.
6. Performs other tasks as assigned.
7. Attends required staff in-services, meetings, orientation. and continuing education activities as required.
8. Is aware of and adheres to Patient’s Bill of Rights and conﬁdentiality of patient information including
9. Interacts with patients and family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental
supportive and calm manner.
10. Is aware of Patient Abuse Reporting Law.
11. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a positive, helpful and