Supervises the cleaning of the entire facility.
Employee must have a high school diploma.
Some departmental experience preferred. Employee must be able to supervise, organize, communicate and perform essential tasks and duties. Make decisions, deal with families, residents and staff, follow requests, be able to use cleaning supplies and equipment and be aware of housekeeping policies and procedures. Employee must also adhere to all health and safety standards and possess a caring attitude with sincere concern for the elderly.
Supervise, hire, train, schedule and evaluate departmental employees, purchase stock and distribute supplies and equipment; perform duties of personnel in the department to ensure the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. Must also carry out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established policies and procedures.
1. Supervise day-to-day housekeeping functions of assigned personnel
2. Assign personnel to specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and ensure that schedules are followed
3. Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or common areas
4. Assure that personnel are performing assigned tasks in accordance with established housekeeping procedures
5. Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner
6. Assure that housekeeping personnel follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment and supplies
7. Assure that established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures
8. Coordinate routine isolation procedures with nursing services
9. Assist in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping tasks
10. Interpret departmental policies and procedures to new housekeeping personnel
11. Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping personnel including proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning disinfectants, solutions. cleaning methods, use of equipment, etc., as directed
12. Report all hazardous conditions and/or equipment to the Administrator
13. Assure that fire protection and prevention programs are maintained by
department personnel in accordance with the fire safety policies and procedures
14. Assure that equipment is cleaned, properly stored, and all equipment and supply needs are recommended to the Administrator
15. Conduct daily inspections of assigned work areas to assure cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained.
16. Assure that refuse is disposed of daily and in accordance with the established sanitation procedures
17. Assure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies are maintained.
18. Maintain MSDS documents as it pertains to the supplies purchased/maintained
19. Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel
20. Maintain confidentiality of resident care information
21. Assure that the residents’ personal and property rights are maintained by assigned personnel.
22. Perform administrative requirements
23. Provide leadership
24. Attend departmental and staff meetings
25. Submit accident/incident reports to Administrator and Corporate Office